Downtown Streetscape Project
The Downtown Streetscape Project (State Street from Boltwood to Broadway) will commence construction on September 11, 2023. The north side of the project will take place in 2023 until the winter weather sets in. The south side of the project will commence in the spring. All project activities will be complete no later than June 28, 2024. The General Contractor is Katerberg VerHage of Grand Rapids, Michigan. A foreman will be in contact with all business owners on a regular basis when construction is occurring in front of their business.
- Construction will begin on September 11, 2023, and be complete on June 28, 2024
- The north side of the street will be impacted in 2023 and the south in 2024. An updated schedule will be provided prior to the beginning of construction.
- The approximate timing of each block is on the schedule which can be accessed by clicking here and scrolling down to the “Documents” section on the right-hand side of the page.
- Construction will take place between 7 am and dark most weekdays and sometimes on Saturdays. If necessary to provide access to businesses, concrete may be poured prior to 7 am.
- During construction, access from the road to businesses will be limited. Sidewalk access may only be from the east or west street intersection.
- Parking on the north side of the street will be closed during construction of that block
- Once the sidewalk concrete is complete, various parking spaces will be closed for continued construction access
- 75% of the parking on the north will be open following the 2023 construction season
Construction Related Questions/Contacts:
Contact: Dan King, Community Development Director, 269-945-2468 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org