Fall Leaf and Yard Debris Collection Begins Nov. 6, 2023
Fall leaf and yard debris collection begins Monday Nov. 6, 2023
Hastings Department of Public Services will begin fall leaf and yard debris collection Monday, Nov. 5, 2023. Updates will be communicated via the City of Hastings website https://www.hastingsmi.gov/ and the City of Hastings Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/hastingsmi.org.
Please check these resources for more information. Or call City Hall (269) 945-2468.
Curbside cleanup rules:
- Pile sticks and branches separately from leaves
- Pile materials in the yard just behind the curb
- Begin piling materials at curb two (2) weeks prior to cleanup
- Pile materials in the street or gutter
- Pile materials so they block a sidewalk
- Pile materials that restrict vision of motorists and pedestrians
- Pile materials after DPS crews have completed cleanup
- Place cement/ brick/ stones/ patio block/ landscape blocks/ landscape timbers
- Place materials generated by commercial contractors
- Place branches larger than 3” in diameter and longer than 4’ in length